Ituna is a friendly community...
....a place where people take great pride in their surroundings,
a place where everyone is welcome and shown our warm hospitality.
A summer walk is safe in all our neighborhoods. We have first rate recreation facilities and low cost housing. The fertile farmland surrounding Ituna is rich in opportunity and our community provides all the basic trades and services required to make this their home. With its many services and facilities,"Ituna is a great place to visit, but a better place to live."
We are a 'progressive, active community' with much to offer. Today, we invite you to visit with us by viewing our website... tomorrow, we hope to see you in person.
July - Aug Events
.....New events are added on an ongoing basis - if you wish to add an event or update information presented here please contact email@example.com
* July 9 - August 21 - Summer Fun Program @ Ituna Skating Rink ( 7 weeks) Wednesday and Thursdays only - 10:00 am to 3:00 pm -Snack Provided - Ages 5-12 -$5.00 per child per day -Funded by Community Initiatives Fund.
* Aug 5 - Provincial Disaster Assistance Program (PDAP) @ Ituna Social Club - 10 am to 7 pm - Personnel will assist in filling the application and answer questions
*Aug 5 - Canadian Red Cross Recovery Centre @ Ituna Fire Hall- 10 am to Noon - Information, referrals and resources can be provided. Further Information
*Aug 5-8 - PLEASE NOTE: Junior Lifeguard Course
The Ituna pool will be offering a Bronze Medallion/Bronze Cross class, which is a course that gives children 13+ their junior lifeguard award and will be from August 5-8. On the 5-7, the time will be 8-5 and on the 8, it will be 8-1! You must be 13 years or older. The cost for these two courses will be $245, which includes a lifeguard manual. If you need any other information, you can contact Jamie at 795-2693
August 21 - Go Science Program – 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm -Dreamers & Makers, participants will be engaged with hands on exciting program. Funded by CIF
* August 23 - Ituna & District Volunteer Fire Department MUD BOGS - Watch for signs for location of Bogs - Quads: 11:00 am - Trucks: 1:00 pm -Beer Gardens & Concession - Bring your lawn chairs - Contact: Colin Patterson for information 306 795-7005
* BINGO - every Friday @ 7 pm - Ituna Social Club
*Sept. 20 - Ituna Fall Country Fair -Blue Ribbon Competition, Parade, Breakfast, SGBA Goat Show, 4-H Horse Show, Fall Market & Trade Show, Children’s Park and more. Contact Angela: 306 795-2719 or Cindy 306 795-7280 for more information or to register
- November 29
- Ituna & Area Community Christmas Party
@ Sacred Heart Parish Center -Supper & Dance - Dance to “Lenny & The Gypsies”
- December 13 -
Light Up Ituna - Family Fun Day @Sacred Heart Parish Center
FYI....Muskowekwan Resources Update
The Muskowekwan Project is an exciting business venture in the Ituna area ... a new joint venture between Encanto Resources Ltd. and Muskowekwan First Nation and Muskowekwan Resources Limited. The proposed project is a solution potash mine located on the Muskowekwan Reserve (IR #85), Treaty Land Entitlement (TLE), and pre-reserve lands about 100 km northeast of Regina, SK, and approx. 45 km west of Ituna. Construction is scheduled to begin in 2014.
Further information: Encanto Potash, Saskatchewan Environment and Muskowekwan Resources